• Monday: Memorial Day!
Last Week of School Reminders
~ No school for students and staff
• Tuesday: Cook-out! @ 1:00
• Wednesday: Field Day @ 8:30
• Thursday: ½ day for students ~ Dismissal at 11:05
~ Award’s Day for 6th and 7th grade @ 9:00
• Friday: ½ day for students ~ Dismissal at 11:05
~ 8th Grade Promotion/Award’s Day @ 9:00
End-of-Year Assessment Dates to Remember
April 26th - SC READY ELA Session 1 (Writing)
April 27th - SC READY ELA Session 2 (Reading)
April 28th - SC READY Mathematics
May 11th - SCPASS Science
May 12th - SCPASS Social Studies
May 16th - Spring MAP window opens for grades 4-8
May 17th - EOC Algebra 1
May 18th - EOC English 1
Parents' Right to Know Requirement
(Applies to ALL Schools)
As required by The No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001, Title I Part A. Information is available at our school to include, but is not limited to the following:
- Whether a teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- Whether a teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived;
- The baccalaureate degree major of a teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree;
Receive Notification of Delayed Buses
The Marlboro County School District Transportation Department is using Bus Bulletin notification system to notify parents, students and school administrators when buses are delayed or have encountered schedule changes. Marlboro County is the second school district in South Carolina to use this new system that aids with communication of vital transportation related information.
Bus Bulletin notifications are received via text messages, phone calls, e-mails or any combination of the three. Parents can provide as many as seven different contact numbers, helping to ensure that wherever they are they receive notifications in a timely manner. Notifications are typically received within minutes of the time they are sent, so parents receive the information while it still matters.
Here are a few key points for parents who are interested in signing up to receive notifications:
· There is no cost for this service.
· Registration is simple and fast.
· Parents can choose to receive text messages, phone calls, and e-mails or any combination.
· All contact information is stored securely and will not be shared or sold, and no student information is required.
Parents who want to sign up to receive notifications or find out more about this service should visit www.BusBulletin.com/parents.
Mr. Herbert S. McNeil, Jr.
Director of Transportation